Become a Surf Writer for us
Do you want to share your passion for surfing with other surfers and our community? Want to be a surf writer and get published?
We are currently looking to expand our network of writers and contributors.
We are seeking authors, bloggers and surf experts who want to share their surfing knowledge and experiences with the surf and travel community. With the help of you guys, we are looking to develop and grow the UK surfing community by sharing ideas, personal stories, interviews and news articles on all aspects of surfing.
By becoming one of our contributors you will be able to share your experiences and expertise with other UK surfers and in some cases promote your surf products.
If you would like to contribute to our website and get your work published, please follow the guidelines below and us your articles or ideas to email@example.com
We’ve set out some easy steps so you can understand the kind of thing we’re looking for.
All articles will be considered and we will aim to respond within 2-3 working days.
1. Choose an article type
- Surfing Tips and Hacks e.g. 6 exercise hacks to improve your surf fitness
- Surf News e.g. Team Brazil wins the 2016 World Adaptive Surfing Championship
- Surf Destination Guides e.g. Best places to surf in the UK to escape the summer crowds
- Surfing Lists e.g. 10 surfers you should definitely follow on Instagram
- Personal Stories e.g. Surfer Girl Stories – Jenny
- Surfer Interviews e.g. Meet Britain’s multi-talented surfer Emily Currie
- General Help Guides e.g. You’ll be amazed at how yoga can improve your surfing
Anything we haven’t included above, submit it anyway and we’ll take a look!
2. Creating the right kind of content
Please supply either Microsoft Word documents or PDF (files must not be locked or password protected).
Your article should be between 800 to 1,500 words (including image captions and title). Shorter or longer articles may be accepted. The Surfing Sumo reserves the right to edit any articles as required.
- Please provide 3-5 clear, hi-resolution pictures as attachments to your email
- Photos or illustrations should be related to the topics discussed in the article itself
- File Formats accepted – JPEG/JPG/PNG
- File size – min 500 KB and max of 2 MB
- You must include image sources (to avoid any copyright issues). Please clearly state which image you would prefer to be the main featured image.
- We reserve the right to change or reject any chosen images.
Including links in your article
- The article should contain a maximum of 3 external links.
- If you find relevant links on thesurfingsumo.com please include them in the article. These can be in addition to the max 3 external links.
- The links can be to the website’s/blog’s URL or a specific page/post within the website/blog.
- Links may also be used to cite a source.
- The links should always benefit or add value for readers. They should fit in context and provide with relevant/useful information. Do not attempt to keyword stuff or add excessive links.
- Links to businesses/companies websites will be vetted by our team to check they are free of excessive promotion.
Please note: Articles from businesses or companies in direct or indirect competition with thesurfingsumo.com and who wish to link to their website will be considered but must have a Domain Authority that is equal or higher than thesurfingsumo.com
3. Tell us and our community who you are
- Please include a short bio written in the third person about the author. This will be added to your own author profile on our website.
- Please include links to your social media profiles for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. These will also be included on your author profile page.
- You can see an example of an author profile page here
4. Sharing to website/blog and social media
- Once published, we will share your article across our social media platforms and we would request that you do the same.
- In exchange we request our writers include a link back to thesurfingsumo.com on their blog or website. This can be a link to the home page or the article itself on thesurfingsumo.com
Please Note: Articles which are duplicated elsewhere on the internet or on the authors own blog/website will not be accepted.